Sunday, February 24, 2008

playlist 2/24/2008 Black History Month

Track Artist Album Label Genre

  1. I Will Survive Gloria Gaynor Best of Gloria Gaynor
  2. Cause and Effect Nicole Mitchell Black Unstoppable
  3. To Be Young, Gifted and Black Nina Simone Respect
  4. Mississippi Goddam Nina Simone Best of Nina Simone
  5. Respect Aretha Franklin 30 Greatest Hits
  6. Wild Women Don't Have the Blues Ida Cox & Coleman Hawkins Blues for Rampart Street
  7. God Bless the Child Billie Holiday Lady Day: Master Takes and Singles (4 disc)
  8. Ain't No Mountain High Enough Diana Ross The No. 1's
  9. Before I'd Be a Slave Maria Corley Soulscapes: Piano Music by African American Women
  10. Ain't I a Woman Rory Block Ain't I a Woman
  11. The Lady is a Tramp Ella Fitzgerald Mack the Knife: Ella in Berlin
  12. Piece of My Heart Etta James Deep in the Night
  13. Troubled Water Maria Corley Soulscapes: Piano Music by African American Women
  14. Mama's Little Baby Girl Deidre McCalla With a Little Luck
  15. I'm Lucky Joan Armatrading Square the Circle
  16. Fanny Lou Hamer Go Tell It On the Mountain Voices of the Civil Rights Movement
  17. I Want a Little Sugar in My Bowl Queen Latifah Trav'lin' Light
  18. Adventures in Paradise Minnie Riperton Best of Minnie Riperton
  19. Paper and Ink Tracy Chapman Telling Stories
  20. Ballad of the Sit Ins Sweet Honey in the Rock The Women Gather
  21. Roxannes Revenge Roxanne Shante Respect
  22. Dancing in the Streets Martha and the Vandellas 20th Century Masters
  23. HonkeyTonk Women Tina Turner Tina Turner:The Collection

No comments: