Saturday, January 5, 2008

Happy New Year

2008 is already in high gear and Raeann is doing the first show of 2008. I'm sure it will be a great show, so tune in to 90.1fm or listen online at weft.org.

So it's Saturday night and I decided to work on blurbs for WHM9. WEFT's 9th annual celebration of Women's History Month in March is coming up way too fast and my personal goal is to get every single show on WEFT to highlight a woman or women in music, specifically during the week of March 1-7, 2008. (This is Jason greenly's baby and I think he's wonderful for putting so much effort into special programming for WEFT). I am also avoiding cleaning my kitchen, but y'all don't need to know that.

Anyway, I've been crawling the net, looking for women's music blogs (there are many) and women's music radio (Ladyslipper has a 24/7 women's music station on Live365). I found places where I could get CD's of old albums like Meg Christian's "Face the Music" and "I Know You Know." It is totally inspiring to find this community.

Stay tuned!

No comments: